- July 3, 2017
- 8:00 am
- City of Hanahan
The Hanahan Police Department will host a Junior Police Academy for students entering 5th grade through 12th grade who are interested in law enforcement. This two-week summer program is designed to expose young people to the different aspects of Law Enforcement. While at the Academy, students will participate in a variety of activities police officers in training experience. These activities include but are not limited to:
- CPR Training
- Defensive Tactics
- Patrol Scenarios
- K-9 Demonstration
- Crime Scene Processing
- Traffic Stop Scenarios
- A trip to the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
- Breakfast and Lunch are provided each day
- Session #1 – Grades 5-7; July 3rd – 14th, 2017 (No Activity on July 4th)
- Session #2 – Grades 8-12; July 17-28th, 2017
- Registration fee is $100 for two weeks. Each additional child is $85.
- Non-Refundable $20 deposit due at registration. Checks should be made payable to “City of Hanahan”.
- Registration packets can be picked up and dropped off at Hanahan Middle School, Hanahan High School or at the Hanahan Police Department. You can also download the registration packet here.
For more information, please contact Sgt. R. Perry at [email protected]