The City of Hanahan is accepting applications for the position of Purchasing Agent. This position coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for organization by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews requisitions.
• Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
• Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
• Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
• Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
• Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
• Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
• Approves invoices for payment.
• Expedites delivery of goods to users.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
How to apply: Apply or download applications at www.cityofhanahan.com. Submit application and resume to Human Resources, City of Hanahan, 1255 Yeamans Hall Rd, Hanahan, SC 29410 or to [email protected]
Deadline: October 24th, 2014
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.