In preparation for Hurricane Matthew hitting the coastal communities of South Carolina, the City of Hanahan has prepared for the storm on many fronts.
- We will be offering Sandbags beginning at 12:00pm today (Wednesday) for City of Hanahan and Berkeley County residents only. Photo identification is required to pick up sandbags.
So far, we have not set a sandbag limitLimit was set to 10 bags per person.
- We have begun Emergency preparation and have raised staffing levels for essential personnel. This includes the public safety departments of the City, Police & Fire.
- City of Hanahan will be closing at 12:00pm today (Wednesday) to allow our non-essential employees to return home and prepare for the storm or leave the area.
- Curbside pickup services will be cancelled for 10/6/2016 (Thursday).
- Curbside pickup services will be cancelled for 10/7/2016 (Friday).
In case of an emergency, please call 911. For non-emergencies, please contact our Telecommunications non-emergency line at 843-747-5711.
- City of Hanahan – (843) 554-4221
- Berkeley County Emergency Preparedness – (843) 719-4166
- Berkeley County Storm Hotline – (843) 719-4800
The folllowing shelters have been identified by Berkeley County Governement
- Westview Primary School (98 Westview Dr. Goose Creek)
- Berkeley Elementary School (715 SC-6, Moncks Corner)
- St. Stephen Elementary School (1053 Russellville Rd, St Stephen)
- Cainhoy Elementary School (2424 Cainhoy Rd, Huger)
- Westview Middle School (101 Westview Blvd, Goose Creek)
- Berkeley Middle School (320 N Live Oak Dr, Moncks Corner)
- Can Bay High School – Pet Friendly (1624 State Rd, Summerville, SC)
We will continue to update this news release with more information as we have it.