Website City of Hanahan
Certified Class I Police Officer
Summary: Enforces laws and city codes related to the protection of life and property, responds to calls for service and patrols the community, directs and controls traffic, prevents crime or disturbance of peace, and arrests violators by performing the following duties.
- Performs protective service work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances with required related work
- Patrols assigned areas of the city and responds to calls for service
- Enforces all federal and state laws, and city ordinances & codes relating to public safety and welfare
- Monitors property for security, maintains order and public safety, serves warrants, apprehends and arrests criminal suspects and law violators
- Prepares cases for court and provides court testimony as necessary
- Enforces traffic laws by stopping violators and issuing warnings or citations, as appropriate
- Investigates traffic accidents and criminal complaints
- Must be a US citizen by birth or naturalization
- Must be 21 years of age and have a clean criminal history
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license and must have a driving record that demonstrates consistent compliance with traffic laws
- Able to pass a complete and thorough background investigation
- Must have successfully completed the requirements of the SC Criminal Justice Academy for Class I certification
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Pay: Grade 6: $32,216.00 – $43,491.00 (Annualized). Full benefits package including retirement, disability, and 100% employee health/dental paid by employer and employer shared dependent coverage.
Open until filled.
How to apply:
Submit resume AND application to:
City of Hanahan
Human Resources or [email protected]
1255 Yeamans Hall Road
Hanahan, SC 29410
Applications available at www.cityofhanahan.com > Administration > Human Resources
Resumes will only be accepted with a completed application package.
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Opportunity Employer