Certified Class I Police Officer
Enforces laws and city codes related to the protection of life and property, responds to calls for service and patrols the community, directs and controls traffic, prevents crime or disturbance of peace, and arrests violators by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs protective service work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances with required related work;
- Patrols assigned areas of the city and responds to calls for service;
- Enforces all federal and state laws, and city ordinances & codes relating to public safety and welfare;
- Monitors property for security, maintains order and public safety, serves warrants, apprehends and arrests criminal suspects and law violators;
- Prepares cases for court and provides court testimony as necessary;
- Enforces traffic laws by stopping violators and issuing warnings or citations, as appropriate; and
- Investigates traffic accidents and criminal complaints.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree, preferred;
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license with a driving record that demonstrates consistent compliance with traffic laws; and
- SC Criminal Justice Academy for Class I certification.
- Must be a US citizen by birth or naturalization;
- Must be 21 years of age and have a clean criminal history; and
- Will be required to pass a complete and thorough background investigation, pre-employment physical, polygraph and psychological screenings.
Pay: Grade 6: $34,618.16 – $46,005.91 +/- DOQ (annualized). Full benefits package including retirement, disability, and 100% employee health/dental paid by employer and employer shared dependent coverage.
THIS IS A CONTINUOUS POSTING
How to apply:
Use the Apply for Job button below to access the City of Hanahan Employment Portal or download an application and submit your resume AND application to:
City of Hanahan [email protected]
Human Resources or
1255 Yeamans Hall Road
Hanahan, SC 29410
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cityofhanahan.com.