Firefighter / EMT
Hanahan Fire Department
The City of Hanahan is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter / EMT.
A firefighter/EMT is primarily responsible for controlling and extinguishing fires, protecting life and property and maintaining equipment. Duties include responding to fire alarms, hazardous material incidents, medical emergencies and other emergency calls. A firefighter/EMT is also responsible for assisting the paramedics in emergency medical care including advanced life support.
Candidate must possess strong technical, organizational and communications skills. As well as, the ability to multitask.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prevention and control of property destruction by fire.
- Responds to fire alarms, hazardous materials incidents, medical emergencies and other emergency calls.
- Selects hose nozzle, depending on type of fire, and directs stream of water or chemicals onto fire.
- Positions and climbs ladders to gain access to upper levels of buildings or to assist individuals from burning structures.
- Creates openings in buildings for ventilation or entrance.
- Searches buildings and rescues victims from structures and vehicles.
- Protects property from water and smoke by use of waterproof salvage covers, smoke ejectors, and positive pressure fans.
- Provides emergency medical care including basic life support, first aid, and CPR to injured persons and those overcome by fire and smoke.
- Assists paramedics and other qualified personnel in advanced life support emergency medical care.
- Maintains apparatus, quarters, buildings, equipment, grounds and hydrants.
- Participates in drills, demonstrations and courses in hydraulics, pump operation and maintenance, and firefighting techniques.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals.
- Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned; including EOC.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required;
- Firefighter II Certification;
- NR-EMT-B (minimum) Certification;
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class E State of South Carolina driver’s license; and
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Salary: Grade 4: $32,500.00– $41,609.70+/-DOQ. Full benefits package including retirement and 100% employee health/dental paid by employer, and employer shared dependent coverage.
THIS IS A CONTINUOUS POSTING
How to apply:
Use the Apply for Job button below to access the City of Hanahan Employment Portal or download an application and submit your resume AND application:
City of Hanahan firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources or
1255 Yeamans Hall Road
Hanahan, SC 29410
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cityofhanahan.com.