City of Hanahan
Summary: Responds to fires, medical emergencies, and other emergency situations to administer life support care to sick and injured persons and to protect life and property by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responds to calls for medical aid, including fires, traffic collisions, and rescue situations to provide pre-hospital care.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed, or need for additional assistance.
- Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and injured persons to treatment center.
- Observes, records, and reports to physician patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Connects supply lines, and controls and extinguishes fires using hand lines, deck, ladders, and portable water monitors.
- Searches buildings and rescues victims from buildings and motor vehicles using appropriate hand and power tools.
- Participates in drills, demonstrations, and courses in life support, emergency medical treatment, and firefighting techniques.
- Fundamentals of Firefighting (1152) – Preferred, must obtain 1152 certification within six (6) months of employment.
- SC Drivers License
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Pay: $40,000 (Annualized) +/- DOQ. Full benefits package including retirement, disability, and 100% employee health/dental paid by employer and employer shared dependent coverage.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, AND application to:
City of Hanahan [email protected]
Human Resources or
1255 Yeaman’s Hall Road
Hanahan, SC 29410
Applications available at www.cityofhanahan.com > Administration > Human Resources
City of Hanahan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.