Website City of Hanahan
The City of Hanahan is currently accepting applications for the position of Telecommunications Officer.
Receives complaints from public concerning police emergencies and broadcasts orders to suitable units to investigate by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Question callers to determine their locations, and the nature of their problems to determine type of response needed.
• Receive incoming telephone or alarm system calls regarding emergency and non-emergency police and fire service, emergency ambulance service, information and after hours calls for departments within a city.
• Determine response requirements and relative priorities of situations, and dispatch units in accordance with established procedures.
• Record details of calls, dispatches, and messages.
• Enter, update, and retrieve information from teletype networks and computerized data systems regarding such things as wanted persons, stolen property, vehicle registration, and stolen vehicles.
• Relay information and messages to and from emergency sites, to law enforcement agencies, and to all other individuals or groups requiring notification.
• Scan status charts and computer screens, and contact emergency response field units to determine emergency units available for dispatch.
• Maintain files of information relating to emergency calls such as personnel rosters, and emergency call-out and pager files.
• Provides preliminary first aid instructions before paramedic truck or ambulance arrives.
• Transmits and receives messages between divisions of own agency and other law enforcement agencies
• Monitors NCIC for hit confirmations and processes as per NCIC protocols.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to complete 911 training at the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and complete NCIC training. Must have a clean criminal record and pass a background check.
Hours: Shift work required.
Pay: Grade 3: $26,260.00 – $35,451.00 +/-DOQ
Open until filled.
Submit resume AND application via the address listed below or [email protected]
City of Hanahan
1255 Yeamans Hall Rd
Hanahan, SC 29410
City of Hanahan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.