Part -Time Maintenance Laborer
The City of Hanahan Public Services Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Part – Time Maintenance Laborer in the Public Works Division. The position will be responsible for the collection of refuse at curbside, the operation of related collection equipment and right of way maintenance.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collection of refuse at curbside and disposing at landfill;
- Starting hoisting device that raises refuse bin attached to the rear of the truck;
- Assists in unloading and cleaning garbage truck at dump site;
- Cut grass on right of ways, trims and edges around sidewalks, flower beds, and walls; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to operate a variety of equipment such as garbage packer, jack, air wrench, mechanic’s tools, mowers and land equipment, etc;
- Must be physically able to exert up to 75 pounds, frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects; and
- Possess a valid South Carolina Drivers License.
Pay: $10.50 per hour; Participation in state retirement plan and receives paid annual and sick leave.
THIS IS A CONTINUOUS POSTING
How to apply:
Use the Apply for Job button below to access the City of Hanahan Employment Portal or download an application and submit your resume AND application:
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Hanahan
1255 Yeamans Hall Road
Hanahan, SC 29410
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cityofhanahan.com.