Part -Time Solid Waste Loader
Hanahan Public Works Department
The City of Hanahan Public Work Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Part – Time Solid Waste Loader in the Public Works Department.
A part time solid waste loader is responsible for the collection of refuse at curbside, the operation of related collection equipment and right of way maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collection of refuse at curbside and disposing at landfill;
- Starting hoisting device that raises refuse bin attached to the rear of the truck;
- Assists in unloading and cleaning garbage truck at dump site;
- Cut grass on right of ways, trims and edges around sidewalks, flower beds, and walls; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possess a valid South Carolina Drivers License;
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to operate a variety of equipment such as garbage packer, jack, air wrench, mechanic’s tools, mowers and land equipment, etc; and
- Must be physically able to exert up to 75 pounds, frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Salary: $11.50 per hour; Participation in state retirement plan and receives paid annual and sick leave.
THIS IS A CONTINUOUS POSTING
How to apply:
Use the Apply for Job button below to access the City of Hanahan Employment Portal or download an application and submit your resume AND application:
City of Hanahan firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources or
1255 Yeamans Hall Road
Hanahan, SC 29410
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cityofhanahan.com.