Website City of Hanahan
Part-Time Public Works Laborer
The City of Hanahan Public Services Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Part Time Laborer in the Public Works Division. The position will be responsible for the collection of refuse at curbside, the operation of related collection equipment and right of way maintenance.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collection of refuse at curbside and disposing at landfill.
- Starting hoisting device that raises refuse bin attached to the rear of the truck.
- Assists in unloading and cleaning garbage truck at dump site.
- Cut grass on right of ways, trims and edges around sidewalks, flower beds, and walls.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to operate a variety of equipment such as garbage packer, jack, air wrench, mechanic’s tools, mowers and land equipment etc.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 75 pounds, frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Possess a valid South Carolina Drivers License.
How to apply:
Submit resume AND application to:
City of Hanahan [email protected]
Human Resources or
1255 Yeamans Hall Road
Hanahan, SC 29410
Resumes will only be accepted with a completed application package.
Open until filled.
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.