Part-time Telecommunications Officer
This person receives in-coming emergency and non-emergency calls; dispatches calls for law enforcement, fire, EMS and other emergency and non-emergency personnel and services in an accurate, timely and professional manner; maintains accurate and complete dispatch records, and performs related work as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform dispatching work, including receiving and dispatching emergency and non-emergency law enforcement, fire, EMS, and other service requests;
- Handles all calls in a professional and timely manner and in compliance with all pertinent local, state and federal regulations;
- Monitors and responds to radio communications; tracks the location of field units; provides information, assistance and directions to officers in the field; dispatches back-up assistance as needed to help ensure the safety of officers;
- Transmit and receive information regarding criminal activity on the NCIC computer;
- Document all emergency communications and maintain related records, forms, logs, etc., with completeness and accuracy;
- Provides routine assistance and information to callers, such as taking messages, providing directions, routing calls, etc.;
- This position is subject to emergency recall; must be able to work nights and weekends; and
- Other duties may be assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- High school diploma or GED;
- NCIC Certification and/or 40-hour E911 Basic Telecommunications Officer Certification from the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy, preferred.
- Be able to obtain and maintain NCIC certification within six (6) months from date of hire or promotion;
- Be able to obtain 40-hour E911 Basic Telecommunications Officer Certification from the S.C. Criminal Justice Academy within one (1) year from date of hire or promotion;
- Will be required to work additional hours during emergencies as needed; and
- May be required to complete additional training and certifications as deemed necessary by supervisor.
THIS IS A CONTINUOUS POSTING
City of Hanahan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com