The City of Hanahan is currently accepting applications for the position of Public Safety Officer.
Enforces laws and city codes related to the protection of life and property, responds to calls for service and patrols the community, directs and controls traffic, prevents crime or disturbance of peace, and arrests violators by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties of police officer and firefighter;
- Patrols assigned area to prevent crime and detect violations of law;
- Respond to complaints, reports of violations and requests for assistance;
- Performs crowd control and maintains order during emergencies;
- Responds to fires and other emergency situations to protect and save life and property;
- Operate fire apparatus, perform fire suppression duties, and extrication;
- Maintains required level of proficiency in the fire suppression by attending monthly, quarterly, and yearly training; and
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Qualifications:
- SC Law Enforcement Officer Class 1;
- IFSTA Firefighter I;
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required (Bachelor Degree preferred);
- Ability to meet the requirements of the SC Criminal Justice Academy;
- Ability to meet the requirements of the SC Fire Academy;
- Must be able to successfully complete the Hanahan Police Department’s pre-employment screenings and Hanahan Fire Department’s pre-employment screenings, including but not limited to written, physical, and psychological exams;
- Successfully complete the medical fire brigade clearance; and
- Possess Good Moral Character.
Hours: Shift work required.
Pay: Grade 7: $35,350.00 – $47,722.50 +/-DOQ Full benefits package including 100% employee health/dental paid by employer, and employer shared dependent coverage, retirement, disability and life insurance.
Open until filled.
Please submit applications to: Submit resume, completed application AND all supporting documentation to Hilary VanOrsdel, Human Resources Director at [email protected] or via mail at Attn: Human Resources, 1255 Yeamans Hall Road, Hanahan, SC 29410.
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.