Hanahan Police Department
Public Safety Officer
The City of Hanahan is currently accepting applications for the position of Public Safety Officer.
Enforces laws and city codes related to the protection of life and property, responds to calls for service and patrols the community, directs and controls traffic, prevents crime or disturbance of peace, and arrests violators by performing the following duties:
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform duties of police officer and firefighter;
- Patrols assigned area to prevent crime and detect violations of law;
- Respond to complaints, reports of violations and requests for assistance;
- Performs crowd control and maintains order during emergencies;
- Responds to fires and other emergency situations to protect and save life and property;
- Operate fire apparatus, perform fire suppression duties, and extrication;
- Maintains required level of proficiency in the fire suppression by attending monthly, quarterly, and yearly training; and
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- SC Law Enforcement Officer Class 1 or be able to successfully complete the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy;
- IFSTA Firefighter I;
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required;
- Ability to meet the requirements of the SC Criminal Justice Academy;
- Ability to meet the requirements of the SC Fire Academy;
- Must be able to successfully complete medical examination and drug screening;
- Must be able to successfully complete physical and psychological exams as well as written assessments; and
- Possess Good Moral Character.
Salary: Grade 7: $38,000.00 – 48,651.34+/-DOQ. Full benefits package including retirement and 100% employee health/dental paid by employer, and employer shared dependent coverage.
THIS IS A CONTINUOUS POSTING
How to apply:
Use the Apply for Job button below to access the City of Hanahan Employment Portal or download an application and submit your resume AND application:
via email: email@example.com
City of Hanahan
1255 Yeamans Hall Road
Hanahan, SC 29410
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cityofhanahan.com.