The City of Hanahan is currently accepting applications for a Business License Official / Code Enforcement Officer.
Under limited supervision, performs responsible administrative and technical work involved in managing and directing the collection of various monies due to the City of Hanahan, including business license and building permit fees, insurance and telecommunications taxes, and other miscellaneous payments. Also issues licenses or permits to qualified applicants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Questions applicant to obtain information necessary for for the issuance of business licenses and permits and records data.
- Evaluates information obtained to determine applicant qualification for licensure.
- Makes onsite visits and inspects businesses within the City the ensure that property owners have current business licenses.
- Is responsible for ensuring the all businesses operating within the City hold current business licenses and/or have paid the appropriate business license fee.
- Serves as a Code Enforcement Officer enforcing City Codes and Ordinances.
- Prepares and/or renews, and issues business licenses and other various permits.
- Maintains a record or rental properties within the City to ensure that property owners have current business licenses.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires a an Associates degree supplements by three to five years of experience in billing and collections, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Possession of or the ability to obtain business License Official certification is desirable.
Grade 7: $35,350.00 – $47,722.50 (annualized). Full benefits package including retirement, disability, and 100% employee health/dental paid by employer, and employer shared dependent coverage.
Application Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submit resume AND application to
Human Resources [email protected]
Attn: Hilary VanOrsdel
1255 Yeamans Hall Rd or
Hanahan, SC 29410
Applications available at www.cityofhanahan.com > Administration > Human Resources
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Opportunity Employer