Senior Citizen Program Coordinator Recreation and Parks Department
The City of Hanahan is currently accepting applications for a Senior Citizen Program Coordinator position.
This position reports to the Recreation and Parks Program Director; under limited supervision, assists with coordinating the recreation, leisure programs and special events for the Hanahan Senior Center. Candidate must be energetic, creative, self-motivated and have the ability to develop, coordinate and follow activity plans, as well as supervise numerous activities at the senior center. Applicant must possess strong organizational and communication skills. The position requires the flexibility to work nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies and analyzes recreational needs and resources;
- Conducts market research and develops short and long-range goals and objectives;
- Interprets recreation programs and their philosophy to individuals and groups through personal participation and staff assignments;
- Schedules maintenance and use of facilities;
- Schedules all recreations programs and activities;
- Purchases equipment and services from outside vendors;
- Establishes and maintains contact with service and equipment vendors;
- Cooperates with recreation and non-recreation personnel;
- Studies and complies with all applicable government regulations;
- Develops and maintains relations with other recreation providers in community; and
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Parks and Recreation or closely related field is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- Must possess a current SC Driver’s License.
Pay: Grade 4: $30,360.00 – $40.250.00 DOQ +/- (annualized). Full benefits package including retirement, disability and 100% employee health/dental paid by employer, and employer shared dependent coverage.
THIS IS A CONTINUOUS POSTING
How to apply:
Use the Apply for Job button below to access the City of Hanahan Employment Portal or download an application and submit your resume AND application to:
City of Hanahan [email protected]
Human Resources or
1255 Yeamans Hall Road
Hanahan, SC 29410
The City of Hanahan is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com