Senior Citizen Program Specialist
Public Services Department
The City of Hanahan is currently accepting applications for a Senior Citizen Program Specialist position. This position reports to the Recreation and Parks Program Director; under limited supervision, assists with coordinating the recreation, leisure programs and special events for the Hanahan Senior Center.
Summary: This position would be responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing recreation and program year-round activities for the Hanahan Senior Center. Candidate must be energetic, creative, self-motivated and have the ability to develop, coordinate and follow activity plans, as well as supervise numerous activities at the senior center. Applicant must possess strong organizational and communication skills. The position requires the flexibility to work nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies and analyzes recreational needs and resources.
- Conducts market research and develops short and long-range goals and objectives.
- Interprets recreation programs and their philosophy to individuals and groups through personal participation and staff assignments.
- Schedules maintenance and use of facilities.
- Schedules all recreations programs and activities.
- Purchases equipment and services from outside vendors.
- Establishes and maintains contact with service and equipment vendors.
- Cooperates with recreation and non-recreation personnel.
- Studies and complies with all applicable government regulations.
- Develops and maintains relations with other recreation providers in community.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Bachelor of Science degree in Parks and Recreation or closely related field is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess a current SC Driver’s License.
Pay: Grade 2: $27,789.60 – $36,112.96. Full benefits package including retirement, disability and 100% employee health/dental paid by employer, and employer shared dependent coverage.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Submit resume AND application to:
City of Hanahan [email protected]
Human Resources or
1255 Yeamans Hall Rd
Hanahan, SC 29410
Applications can be found at www.cityofhanahan.com > Admin. > Human Resources
City of Hanahan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.