The City of Hanahan Municipal Court has created a general email address for any proof of listed citations to be submitted for consideration while court is closed to the public during the City’s State of Emergency.
Proof may be sent to email@example.com as advised by the officer to do so for confirmation of satisfaction of duty and requirement. The received information will be forwarded to the charging officer. Once the court receives approval from the officer, the person cited will receive a return email advising them of further steps.
Citations that proof may be submitted for:
- Failure to change address on driver’s license
- Failure to change address on registration
- No driver’s license 1st offense
- Driver’s license not in possession 1st offense
- Defective headlights
- Expired license plate/registration
- Failure to surrender license plate 1st offense
- No proof of insurance in motor vehicle
- Operating uninsured motor vehicle 1st offense
- No registration in possession
- Unsafe/defective equipment
- Window tint violation
- Driving under suspension, not for DUI, 1st offense
Please include the following in your email to the court along with your proof of compliance:
- Citation number (also include a photo or scanned copy of your citation if possible)
- Legal Name (as appears on your driver’s license)
- Return email address (if it is different than the email address used to provide the information)
The court does not represent you nor the State of South Carolina. It represents itself.
You retain the following constitutional rights for any charges:
- You have the right to a trial by jury.
- You have the right to a bench trial.
- You have the right to hire your own attorney.
- You have the right to plead guilty, not guilty, or no contest.
If you plead guilty, you give up the right to confront your accuser and your right to remain silent.
There are three citations that the Judge is unable to reduce by fine or points:
- Seatbelt violation – $25 (no points associated with charge)
- Inattentive Driving – $155 (no points associated with charge)
- Speeding, 10 mph or less over the speed limit – $76.88 and 2 points
These are the minimum fines and points assessed. They can be paid online using this link. You will need to enter the citation number and your last name as it appears on the citation. You cannot make partial payments.
You may also mail in your payment with a money order or cashier’s check to Hanahan Municipal Court, 1255 Yeamans Hall Road, Hanahan, SC 29410.
Please contact the court if you have any questions, need to update your address for case rescheduling, or for other assistance at (843) 576-5262 and you will receive a return call.
For more information, visit cityofhanahan.com