The City of Hanahan Fire Department is accepting applications for
Paramedic summary: Responds to fires, medical emergencies, and other emergency situations to administer life support care to sick and injured persons and to protect life and property by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responds to calls for medical aid, including fires, traffic collisions, and rescue situations to provide pre-hospital care, assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed, or need for additional assistance, observes, records, and reports to physician patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents, along with other duties as assigned
Paramedic Requirements include:
- Fundamentals of Firefighting (1152) (Firefighter I and II preferred)
- SC Driver’s License (Class E preferred); and
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Position requires working 24-hour shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
Comprehensive benefit package including SC State retirement, disability, and 100% employee health/dental paid by employer and employer shared dependent coverage.
The best benefit of all is the Team & Family environment here at the City of Hanahan!
To Apply: Visit our website at www.cityofhanahan.com to apply. In person applications are available for download for your convenience or may be obtained at the Human Resources Department which is located in the Municipal Complex, 1255 Yeamans Hall Road, Hanahan, SC 29410. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please send any inquiries or questions to the Human Resources office at (843) 576-5252. In order to be considered, an application and supplemental resume’ must be submitted. Should you apply for more than one position, an application and resume’ must be submitted with each position. Positions Open Until Filled.
THE CITY OF HANAHAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER