The City of Hanahan Fire & EMS Department is committed to protecting our community by providing progressive, high quality emergency and preventive services to prevent or minimize the loss of life, damage to the environment and loss of property from the adverse affects of fire, medical emergencies, and hazardous conditions for our residents, businesses and visitors.
- We will strive to be role models in the community and leaders in our profession
- We will be accountable to those we serve, each other and any fire service organizations we interact with
- We are committed to providing the best public service through innovative training, education and equipment
- We will take the Fire Department into the future through productive teamwork, open and honest communication and participative decision-making throughout the organization
- We are committed to our values, mission and dedicated to our fire service profession
- Our organization is driven to provide a cost-effective and efficient Fire Department while honoring our values, accomplishing our mission and achieving our goals
As an organization, we value:
- Safety In striving to protect the lives and well-being of our community and our co-workers
- Professionalism In people who are dedicated, compassionate, trustworthy and who act with honesty and integrity
- Respect For our community and ourselves, while constantly exhibiting courtesy and compassion for those in need
- Innovation Via an environment that allows new ideas and positive change to better serve our community
- Teamwork Working together to achieve common goals
- Integrity Committed to the highest standard of moral and ethical conduct
- Excellence Demanding the best from ourselves and others
Please visit our Human Resources Career page for more information and to view current openings within the Hanahan Fire Department.